Lee L. Swanström (USA-France)
Jie He (China)
Michio Hongo (Japan)
< back to the Program at a glance
Sunday, September 3
4:30 – 6:30 pm
Chemotherapy and Chemo-Radiotherapy in curative treatment of esophageal cancer
Future directions – Debate
Chairs: Arnaud Roth (Switzerland) – Salah-Eddin Al-Batran (Germany)
Panel: William Allum (UK) – Michael Gibson (USA) – Mark Krasna (USA) –
Thomas Ruhstaller (Switzerland) – Vikash Sewram (South Africa)
- New techniques of radiotherapy.
IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy) – 3D conformal radiotherapy – Brachytherapy
- Chemotherapy + Chemo-Radiotherapy. Salah Al Batran (Germany)
Chemo-Radiotherapy before surgery.
- Conservative curative treatment of locally advanced esophageal cancer. Michael Gibson (USA)
- Trimodality therapy in esophageal cancer. Mark Krasna (USA)
- Is surgery needed in patients with complete response after Radio-Chemotherapy?
The French / Swiss study protocol. T. Ruhstaller (Switzerland)
- Minimally invasive surgery following Radio-Chemotherapy.
- Salvage surgery, a new concept. Luigi Bonavina (Italy)