Lee L. Swanström (USA-France)
Jie He (China)
Michio Hongo (Japan)
< back to the Program at a glance
Monday, September 4
8:00 – 10:00 am
Chairs: Arnulf H. Hölscher (Germany) – Paul M. Schneider (Switzerland)
Discussants: Zhen-tao Yu (China) – Denis Collet (France)
- The evidence-based advantages of minimally invasive surgery for esophageal resection.
Suzanne Gisbertz (Netherlands)
- What are the advantages of robot esophagectomy? Sylvia van der Horst (Netherlands)
- Is there today a place for open esophagectomy? Paul M. Schneider (Switzerland)
- What is the best position for thoracoscopic resection: prone position? – left lateral position?
Mark I. van Berge Henegouwen (Netherlands)
- What is the best location for the esophago-gastric anastomosis? Philippe Nafteux (Belgium)
- Can VATS esophagectomy dissect the the lymph nodes along bi-recurrent laryngeal nerve as effectively as open esophagectomy? Yong-tao Han (China)
- Experience of VATS esophagectomy after preoperative chemoradiation for locally advanced esophageal cancers. Jian-hua Fu (China)
- Results of prospective randomized study of surgical treatment through left chest approach versus through right chest approach. Hai-quan Chen (China)
- What are the key points of modular manipulation of VATS esophagectomy in China? Li-jie Tan (China)
- Is three field lymph node dissection necessary for all thoracic esophageal cancer patients?
Shuo-yan Liu (China)
- Mobilization and reconstruction stages for transthoracic + laparoscopic esophagectomy for gastroesophageal junction cancer. Sergei Domratchev (Russia)
- Mobilization and reconstruction stages for transhiatal esophagectomy for gastroesophageal junction cancer. Jens Höppner (Germany)
- What are the results of hybrid esophagectomy? Arnulf H. Hölscher (Germany)
- Significance of fast track esophagectomy – What is the real benefit for the patient and the hospital?
Donald L. van der Peet (Netherlands)