Lee L. Swanström (USA-France)
Jie He (China)
Michio Hongo (Japan)
< back to the Program at a glance
Monday, September 4
8:00 – 9:00 am
Clinical Session 5
Clinical aspects of GERD therapy
Alternative therapies for GERD
Chairs: Donald O. Castell (USA) – Sebastian F. Schoppmann (Austria)
Discussants: Michio Hongo (Japan) – Luigi Bonavina (Italy)
- What is the role mucosal impedance in GERD?
- Shall we ablate patients before or after antireflux surgery?
- How can we improve the diagnosis of extra-esophageal GERD?
- Reflux and mucosal integrity?
- Alternatives for surgical sphincter augmentation – Do we go magnetic? Luigi Bonavina (Italy)
- Is endoscopic plication a way? Erwin Rieder (Austria)
- How does electric sphincter stimulation work? The EndoStim device. (tbd)
- How do we treat PPI resistant patients with significant motility disorder? The EndoStim device.
- Magnetic sphincter augmentation in patients with large hiatal hernia. Jörg Zehetner (Switzerland)
- How does Sphincter Augmentation work in patients with reflux after sleeve gastrectomy?
- The detection of pepsin in GERD
- Is alginate effective in NERD?
- How long shall we use PPI in reflux hypersensitivity?
- The role of volume reflux in PPI-resistance GERD.
- What shall we do for those GERD patients with pH(+) while resistance to PPI?