Lee L. Swanström (USA-France)
Jie He (China)
Michio Hongo (Japan)
< back to the Program at a glance
Monday, September 4
8:00 – 9:00 am
Clinical Session 5
Clinical aspects of GERD therapy
Alternative therapies for GERD
Chairs: Donald O. Castell (USA) – Sebastian F. Schoppmann (Austria)
Discussants: Michio Hongo (Japan) – Luigi Bonavina (Italy)
- What is the role mucosal impedance in GERD?
- Shall we ablate patients before or after antireflux surgery? Aleksandar Simic (Serbia)
- How can we improve the diagnosis of extra-esophageal GERD? Johannes Lenglinger (Switzerland)
- Reflux and mucosal integrity? Martin Riegler (Austria)
- Alternatives for surgical sphincter augmentation – Do we go magnetic? Luigi Bonavina (Italy)
- Is endoscopic plication a way? Erwin Rieder (Austria)
- How does electric sphincter stimulation work? Richard Gursky (Brazil)
- How do we treat PPI resistant patients with significant motility disorder? The EndoStim device.
Matthias Paireder (Austria)
- Magnetic sphincter augmentation in patients with large hiatal hernia. Jörg Zehetner (Switzerland)
- How does Sphincter Augmentation work in patients with reflux after sleeve gastrectomy?
Thomas Horbach (Germany)
- How long shall we use PPI in reflux hypersensitivity? Decio Chinzon (Brazil)