Lee L. Swanström (USA-France)
Jie He (China)
Michio Hongo (Japan)
< back to the Program at a glance
Monday, September 4
11:30 am – 1:10 pm
Clinical Session 8
Controversy on classification/treatments of cancers
of the EG junction
Chairs: Hans-Joachim Meyer (Germany) – Giovanni de Manzoni (Italy)
Discussants: Bruno Zilberstein (Brazil) – William Allum (UK)
- Rising incidence of adenocarcinoma of the EG junction: what is new in 2017?
Elfriede Bollschweiler (Germany)
- Preoperative staging and classification. William Allum (UK)
- Lymph node involvement according to esophageal invasion. Giovanni DeManzoni (Italy)
- Siewert II – esophagectomy or gastrectomy.
- Future clinical trial comparing esophagectomy with gastrectomy. Thomas Schmidt (Germany)
- Ivor-Lewis vs Mckeown procedures for EGJ cancers.
- Minimal invasive vs open procedure.
- Extent of lymphadenectomy.
- Which neoadjuvant treatment?
- Pro chemotherapy. Salah AL-Batran (Germany)
- Pro radio-chemotherapy
- Oligo-metastatic cancer – Impact of surgery. Stefan Mönig (Switzerland)