Lee L. Swanström (USA-France)
Jie He (China)
Michio Hongo (Japan)
< back to the Program at a glance
Monday, September 4
2:00 – 4:00 pm
Complications of esophagectomy (Part 2)
Chairs: Paul Magnus Schneider (Switzerland) – Mark Krasna (USA)
Discussants: Rubens Sallum (Brazil) – Philippe Nafteux (Belgium)
- Stem cell biological plugs to manage surgical leaks. Navtej Buttar (USA)
- What is the role of reoperation for intrathoracic leakage? Dietmar Lorenz (Germany)
- Is MIE a risk factor for enterothorax and what is the best strategy to prevent it? Jari Rasanen (Finland)
- What is the evidence that MIE lowers complication rates compared to open procedures?
Paul M. Schneider (Switzerland)
- What is the evidence that total MIE is superior to hybrid procedures with respect to complications?
- Strictly conservative treatment for anastomotic leakage of intrathoracic anastomosis when and how?
- Are cervical strictures easier to manage than thoracic?
- When should post-esophagectomy diaphragm hernias be repaired?
- Management of benign anastomotic strictures after esophagectomy.
- Evaluation and treatment of postoperative hoarseness after esophagectomy.
- How to treat gastro’ esophageal reflux after esophago-gastroplasty? Bruno Zilberstein (Brazil)
- Management of patients with unsuspected positive microscopic margin after esophageal resection.
- The Esophagectomy Complications Consensus Group (ECCG) classification of complications: a must?
Arnulf Hölscher (Germany)
- What is the benefit of Dindo-Clavien, Accord or CCI Classification of complications following esophagectomy? Suzanne Gisbertz (Netherlands)
- Which is the best classification system for complications following esophagectomy? Katja Ott (Germany)
- Risk adjustement models for short-term outcomes after surgical resection for esophago-gastric cancer.
Richard Hardwick (UK)
- What is standard / 2017: open or minimal invasive?