Lee L. Swanström (USA-France)
Jie He (China)
Michio Hongo (Japan)
< back to the Program at a glance
Monday, September 4
4:15 – 6:15 pm
Chairs: Roberto Penagini (Italy) – Alain Schopfer (Switzerland)
Discussant: Edoardo Savarino (Italy)
- What is the current definition of EoE?
- What is the current incidence of EoE in children and adults?
- EoE in children and adults: two different diseases?
- What did we learn from genetic studies in EoE? Carine Blanchard (Nestlé, Switzerland)
- What can the allergist add for EoE management?
- What causes symptoms in EoE? Roberto Penagini (Italy)
- Can we discriminate histologically EoE from PPI-REE and GERD?
- Are there additional histological markers besides peak eosinophil count in histological assessment of EoE?
- Serum periostin as a biomarker for diagnostic and monitoring of EoE.
- What are the long-term consequences of untreated EoE?
- What are the treatment endpoints for EoE? Alain Schoepfer (Switzerland)
- What is the efficacy of PPI in the long-term run?
- What is the clinical, endoscopic and histologic efficacy of swallowed topical steroids in EoE?
- Are biologic therapies effective in EoE?
- Which elimination diet works best for EoE treatments?
- Can EoE patients solely be treated by periodic esophageal dilations?
- What is the relationship between EoE and HP infection?
- PPI responsive esophageal eosinophilia, or PPI responsive EoE? Roberto Penagini (Italy)