Lee L. Swanström (USA-France)
Jie He (China)
Michio Hongo (Japan)
< back to the Program at a glance
Monday, September 4
4:15 – 6:15 pm
Endoscopic treatments – Stenting
Chairs: George Triadafilopoulos (USA) – Kulwinder Dua (USA)
- Deep throat: What are the current techniques and outcomes of endoscopic management of Zenker’s diverticulum?
Address the indications, techniques and outcomes of endoscopic management for Zenker’s.
- Up in the air: Is balloon dilation still useful in the treatment of achalasia? Joel Richter (USA)
Is balloon dilation better or worse than Heller or POEM? Should it be used only for failures?
- On the cutting edge: Is ESD the procedure of choice in esophageal dysplasia?
Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of ESD in this setting and address if ablation is preferable.
- Freezing temperatures: Is cryoballoon ablation safe and effective for squamous dysplasia?
Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of cryo-balloon in this setting and address if cryo-ablation is preferable to resection.
- A new standard: What are the long-term outcomes of radiofrequency ablation for dysplastic Barrett’s esophagus? Patrick Yachimski (USA)
Address the long-term efficacy of RFA for Barrett’s dysplasia and the need for ongoing surveillance.
- Cut throat: Can endoscopic resection for Barrett’s dysplasia and early cancer be curative?
Olivier Pech (Germany)
Discuss the long-term outcomes for mucosal resection for dysplasia and early cancer and compare them to esophagectomy.
- Controlling the tides: How effective is transoral fundoplication for volume acid reflux?
Pier Alberto Testoni (Italy)
Specifically discuss the role of TF in the management of regurgitation as a distinct endpoint.
- Stretta to the rescue: Is radiofrequency treatment useful in the management of the postoperative bariatric patient with GERD? Kevin Reavis (USA)
Address the role of Stretta in the bariatric patient with GERD, if any.
- Cut it out: How promising is anti-reflux mucosectomy for GERD?
Technique, safety and outcomes of this new endoscopic method for GERD.
- Music to our ears: How safe and effective is MUSE endoscopic anterior fundoplication?
Johannes Zacherl (Austria)
Update on this endoscopic modality and long-term data in GERD.
- Buying time: What is the efficacy of stenting for benign esophageal strictures?
Discuss the technicalities and potential of temporary stenting in benign esophageal disease.
- To stent or not to stent: What are the choices for endoscopic palliation of malignant esophageal strictures?
What non-stent options do we have in the palliation of esophageal cancer? How do they compare to stents?
- Scary tears: When and how should we dilate the esophagus in EoE? Michael Ujiki (USA
Technicalities and outcomes of dilation for EoE.
- Combining forces: When is dual (or triple) therapy preferred in Barrett’s dysplasia?
Ablation? Resection? +/- PPI? +/- fundoplication? +/- cryotherapy?
- Poetry in action: What are the strengths and weaknesses of POEM for achalasia?
Lee L. Swanström (USA-France)
Technicalities on POEM and update on its outcomes.