Lee L. Swanström (USA-France)
Jie He (China)
Michio Hongo (Japan)
< back to the Program at a glance
Tuesday, September 5
8:00 – 10:00 am
Chairs: Jean-Louis Frossard (Switzerland) – Hiroshi Mashimo (USA)
Discussants: Olivier Pech (Germany) – Arnulf Hölscher (Germany)
- Role for NBI in detecting early neoplastic lesions in the upper gastrointestinal tract.
- Impact of PET for diagnosis and treatment of esophageal cancer. Katja Ott (Germany)
- Shall we care about gastric ectopic mucosa in the cervical esophagus?
- Strategy for preventing esophageal stricture after endoscopic surgery
- Interobserver variability in the endoscopic diagnosis and grading of Barrett esophagus
- What is the preferable strategy for ablation of early esophageal cancer: ESD or surgery?
Pro ESD: Michael Ujiki (USA) Pro Surgery:
- Role of endoscopy, confocal microscopy and EUS in the diagnosis of early esophageal cancers.
- High-Resolution Microendoscopy for the detection of esophageal squamous cell neoplasia.
- Has PET/CT improved staging, reduced early recurrence or increased survival in esophageal cancer?