Lee L. Swanström (USA-France)
Jie He (China)
Michio Hongo (Japan)
< back to the Program at a glance
Tuesday, September 5
8:00 – 10:00 am
GERD – NERD
Related motor disorders
Chairs: C. Prakash Gyawali (USA) – Michio Hongo (Japan)
Discussants: Edoardo Savarino (Italy) – Sabine Roman (France)
- Which test results are considered unequivocal evidence for GERD? Sabine Roman (France)
- Which patients should undergo prolonged esophageal pH monitoring?
- Should pH-impedance monitoring be performed on or off therapy? Justin Wu (China)
- What is the role of baseline mucosal impedance in GERD diagnosis? Edoardo Savarino (Italy)
- Does esophageal biopsy and histology contribute to GERD diagnosis?
- What is the role of the acid pocket in GERD? Mark Fox (Switzerland)
- How do GERD phenotypes affect management decisions? Katerina P. Shetler (USA)
- What are the current diagnostic criteria for NERD? Nicola de Bortoli (Italy)
- What is the role of symptom reflux association in GERD diagnosis?
- Why should GERD testing be performed in lung transplant recipients? Walter Chan (USA)
- How is functional heartburn diagnosed and treated?
- What is the role of impedance in pH-impedance monitoring?
- What are the clinically relevant complications of PPI therapy?
- Does esophageal motor function influence GERD manifestations? Radu Tutuian (Switzerland)
- How is esophago-gastric junction barrier function assessed in GERD?
- Is classification of esophageal motor disorders feasible in GERD? Prakash Gyawali (USA)
- How are rumination and belching disorders diagnosed?
- What are unequivocal indications for antireflux surgery? Roger Tatum (USA)
- What are the contraindications for antireflux surgery?
- What alternate interventions are available for GERD therapy?