Lee L. Swanström (USA-France)
Jie He (China)
Michio Hongo (Japan)
< back to the Program at a glance
Tuesday, September 5
10:30 am – 12:30 pm
Chair: Takeshi Ohki (Japan)
Discussants: Guillaume Luc (France) – Kulwinder Dua (USA)
- Organ-specific regenerative cells for the esophagus.
- Stem cell organization and gene expression profile of Barrett’s epithelium.
- In vitro esophageal tissue engineering with esophageal epithelium and smooth muscle tissue component.
Amulya K. Saxena (UK)
Tissue engineering using scaffolds
- Experimental orthotopic transplantation of tissue-engineered esophagus.
- Esophageal-preserving approach with extra-cellular matrix.
- Esophageal reconstruction using biologic scaffolds.
Issue engineering using cell sheet technology
- Cell sheet transplantation of adipose tissue-derived stromal cells.
- Tissue-engineered cell sheets for adenocarcinoma on Barrett’s esophagus.
- Prevention of post-ESD esophageal strictures using endoscopic transplantation of tissue-engineered autologous oral mucosal epithelial cell sheets. Nobuo Kanai (Japan)