Lee L. Swanström (USA-France)
Jie He (China)
Michio Hongo (Japan)
< back to the Program at a glance
Tuesday, September 5
10:30 am – 12:30 pm
Room 18, Level -1
Oral presentations (8): Oncology – Part II
Chair: Vivien Wong (China)
109 Malignancy in gastric conduit after trans hiatal esophagectomy for locally advanced carcinoma esophagus – Analysis of outcome.
Kanagavel Manickavasagam1; Mahin Nallasivam Rajapalayam Ramasundaram2; Krishna Bhargav Maddula3; Rajendran Vellaisamy4; Apsara Chandramohan5; Servarayan Murugesan Chandramohan4
1) St Isabel Hospital, 49 Oliver Road, India; 2) Sri Ramachandra University, Porur, Chennai, India; 3) St Isabel Hospital, Chennai, India; 4) ESOINDIA – Center for Gastroesophageal Disorders, India; 5) Government Kilpauk Medical College,Chennai, India
110 Apatinib for chemotherapy-refractory metastatic esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: a retrospective analysis from a single cancer institute.
Ying Liu1; Chengliang Yang2; Shuning Xu1; Leiming Guo2; Lei Qiao1; Xiaoyuan Wu2
1) Departments of Medical Oncology of Zhengzhou University Affiliated Cancer Hospital, Henan Cancer Hospital, China; 2) Department of Radiation Oncology of Zhengzhou University Affiliated Cancer Hospital, Henan Cancer Hospital, China
111 Postoperative radiotherapy improves progression-free survival of the patients with stage pT3-4N0-3M0 esophageal squamous cell carcinoma.
Ya Zeng; Xuwei Cai; Xiaolong Fu; Jun Liu
Department of Radiation Oncology, Shanghai Chest Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
112 Neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy in esophageal cancer: is there a radiation dose-response relationship?
Alicia Borggreve1; Melissa Thomas2; Richard van Hillegersberg1; Jelle Ruurda1; Philippe Nafteux2;
1) University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands; 2) University Hospital Leuven, Belgium
113 Developing prognostic nomogram and evaluating its role in personalized adjuvant chemotherapy for patients with ESCC undergoing right transthoracic esophagectomy.
Qianwen Liu; Xiayu Fu; Junying Chen; Xin Wang; Tiehua Rong; Jianhua Fu
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center; Guangdong Esophageal Cancer Institute; State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China; Collaborative Innovation Center of Cancer Medicine, China
114 Neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: a lesser irradiated field did not compromise pathologic complete response rate and R0 rate.
Jun Liu; Xiaolong Fu; Xuwei Cai; Hongxuan Li; Yan Chen; Zhigang Li
Shanghai Chest Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, China
115 Perioperative chemotherapy with FLOT versus ECF/ECX for resectable gastric or GEJ adenocarcinoma (FLOT4-AIO): a multicenter, randomized phase 3 trial.
Thorsten Goetze1; Thomas Kraus2; Stefan Mönig3; Wolf Otto Bechstein4; Andreas Paul5;
Salah- Eddin Al- Batran6
1) Krankenhaus Nordwest – University Cancer Center Frankfurt, Germany; 2) Krankenhaus Nordwest Frankfurt, Germany; 3) Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève, Service de Chirurgie viscéral, Genf, Schweiz; 4) 19 Universitätsklinikum Frankfurt, Klinik für Allgemein- und Viszeralchirurgie, Frankfurt, Germany; 5) University Hospital Essen, Department of Surgery, Essen, Germany; 6) Institute of Clinical Cancer Research Krankenhaus Nordwest – University Cancer Center Frankfurt, Germany
116 A phase III clinical trial of neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy followed by surgery versus surgery alone for locally advanced esophageal squamous cell carcinoma.
Jianhua Fu1; Yuping Chen2; Chengchu Zhu3; Wentao Fang4; Zhentao Yu5; Weimin Mao6
1) Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, Guangdong Esophageal Cancer Institute, China; 2) Cancer Hospital of Shantou University Medical College, China; 3) Taizhou Hospital, China; 4) Shanghai Chest Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China; 5) Tianjin Medical University Cancer Hospital, China; 6) Zhejiang Cancer Hospital, China
117 PD-L1 expression is a prognostic factor in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma treated with postoperative adjuvant radiotherapy.
Chenxue Jiang; Shuiyun Han; Qingren Lin; Gu Zhang; He Wu; Yaping Xu
Zhejiang Cancer Hospital, China
118 Role of neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy in clinical T2N0M0 esophageal cancer: a population-based cohort study.
University Medical Centre Utrecht, The Netherlands
119 Phase II study of apatinib in patients with advanced esophageal squamous cell carcinoma after failure of prior radiation and/or chemotherapy.
Weiyong Yu; Jingdong He; Mingde Huang; Honglei Luo; Weiguo Zhu; Xiaofei Chen
Huai’an First People’s Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, China
120 Presumptive assessment of the effectiveness of intraoperative photodynamic therapy in the surgery of esophageal cancer.
Uliana Drozd1; Konstantin Pavelec1; Mihail Protchencov1; Vyacheslav Kravcov2; Artem Dysin2;
1) Saint Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University, Russia; 2) Saint Petersburg Military Medical Academy, Russia
121 Is there a role for surgery for neuroendocrine tumors of the esophagus – a contemporary view from NCDB.
Mathias Worni1; Suna Erdem1; Rene Warschkow2; Matthew Hartwig3; Christoph Stettler4; Beat Gloor1
1) Department of Visceral Surgery and Medicine, University Clinic, Inselspital, Switzerland; 2) Department of Surgery, Kantonsspital, St. Gallen, Switzerland; 3) Duke University Medical Center, Department of Surgery, Durham, NC, United Kingdom; 4) Department of Endocrinology, University Clinic, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
122 The therapeutic choice for clinical complete response esophageal squamous cell carcinoma after neo-adjuvant chemoradiation: is surgery avoidable?
Junying Chen; Jianhua Fu
Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, China
123 Clinicopathologic factors of pathological complete response and evaluation of restaging in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma with neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy.
Sun yat sen University Cancer Center, China
124 Esophageal cancer survival is gender dependent and associated with specific sex chromosome gene alterations.
Kenneth Vega1; Nathaniel Weygant2
1) National Jewish Health, USA; 2) Division of Digestive Diseases, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, USA
125 Squamous cell carcinoma esophagus in corrosive injured esophagus – pattern of presentation and problems in management. Experience with 13 cases in 25 years.
Rajendran Vellaisamy1; Chandramohan Servarayan Murugesan2; Balakumaran Sathyamoorthy2;
1) Institute of Surgical Gastroenterology, Center of Excellence in upper GI surgery, Madras Medical College/ESOINDIA, India; 2) ESOINDIA, India
126 Cost-effectiveness of targeted endoscopic screening for esophageal adenocarcinoma and Barrett’s esophagus.
Amir-Houshang Omidvari1; Iris Lansdorp-Vogelaar2; Sonja Kroep2; Joel H. Rubenstein3; John Inadmoi4
1) Erasmus MC University Medical Center, The Netherlands ; 2) Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC University Medical Center, The Netherlands; 3) Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan, USA; 4) Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, USA
127 Achalasia to pseudoachalasia in 12 years.
Kanagavel Manickavasagam1; Krishna Bhargav Maddula1; Balaji Singh Krishna2; Aditya Balaji2;
Apsara Chandramohan3; Servarayan Murugesan Chandramohan4; Visvarath Varadarajan
1) St Isabel Hospital, 49 Oliver Road, India; 2) Sri Ramachandra University, Porur, Chennai, India; 3) Government Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, India; 4) ESOINDIA – Center for Gastroesophageal Disorders, India
128 Successful management of aortoesophageal fistula as late complication secondary to button battery ingestion in an infant.
Ulf Kessler1; Laura Zaccaria2; Maris Bartkevics3; Alexander Kadner4; Susanne Schibli5; Steffen Berger2
1) University of Bern, Switzerland; 2) Department of Paediatric Surgery, Inselspital, University Hospital, University of Bern, Switzerland; 3) Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Inselspital, University Hospital, University of Bern, Switzerland; 4) Department of Diagnostic, Interventional and Paediatric Radiology, Inselspital, University Hospital, University of Bern, Switzerland; 5) Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Paediatrics, Inselspital, University Hospital, University of Bern, Switzerland