Call for Abstracts
Abstract submission guidelines (pdf)
The OESO Steering Committee invites congress participants to submit abstracts for Poster or Oral presentations.
Abstracts from ALL DISCIPLINES, either on the theme of the Congress, or on ANY TOPIC relating to the upper digestive tract, will be welcome.
Twelve abstracts will be selected among those submitted. The authors will be honored at the Gala evening when they will receive a diploma. In addition, they will be offered free registration at the time of the OESO 14th World Conference in 2017.
● Preferences for oral or poster presentation should be specified by the authors. Final decision will be made by a special selection committee.
Oral communications will be of 5 minutes each, followed by a 5 minute discussion.
● In addition to the traditional poster exhibit, a computer “streaming presentation” of the Posters and oral presentations will be organized during the Monaco Congress in a special room: this consists of a computer display of up to 10 power point slides prepared by the author(s) to complete a poster with pertinent details or instructive commentaries.
All authors are therefore encouraged to prepare power point slides (up to 10) to accompany each of their abstracts.
In case of selection of their abstract, they will be asked to send the corresponding slides to the organizers, to be included in the stream presentation.
Selected authors will receive relevant information in due time.
Throughout the Congress, the Poster Jury, the Chairs of the oral sessions, as well as the attendees, will have access, at any time, in addition to the abstract book, to the stream presentation of any posters or oral presentations on the program.
Twenty four (24) selected oral presentations will be given on Wednesday, Sept. 2.
Twenty four (24) Posters will be selected by the Jury, to be given in an oral presentation during 2 Plenary Sessions scheduled for Thursday, September 3, 2015.
Instructions for abstract submission on-line
All abstracts must be submitted on-line.
● Submission will be open from September 15, 2014 to May 20, 2015.
● The editing of your abstract will be possible until that date.
● Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered by the Scientific Committee.
● By the end of May, the Organizing Secretariat will inform you whether your abstract has been accepted.
● In case of selection, speakers and poster presenters must register for the Congress and pay the registration fee before 26 July 2015 in order to confirm their presentation. Failure to do this could result in losing their presentation.
● Abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
Presenters are kindly requested to verify that their abstract(s) is (are) in proper English.
● The file containing the text of the abstract should be written directly in the website, comprising up to 400 words, one table or schema and 1 reference at a maximum.
● The abstract body should follow the following scheme:
- Materials and methods
● Conflict of Interest/Disclosure: Work submitted for presentation must include an acknowledgement of any commercial funding sources. Authors should declare all commercial interests.
● We recommend that you prepare your text in a word processing programme (e.g. Microsoft Word) and then copy-paste the final text into the online abstract submission form.
● Submission of abstracts is free of charge
● All accepted abstracts will be listed in the final scientific program of the Congress.
● If you have any questions regarding abstracts please contact: email@example.com
OESO Head Office
2, Bd Pershing
75017 – PARIS, France
Tel: + 33 (0)1 55 37 90 15
Fax: + 33 (0)1 55 37 90 40
74 Boulevard d'Italie
Tél: +377 97 97 35 55
Fax: +377 97 97 35 50