< back to the Program at a glance
Tuesday, September 1
10:30 am – 12:30 pm
Advances in the systemic therapy
of advanced esophageal cancer
Chairs: Michael K. Gibson (USA) – Vikash Sewram (South Africa)
Discussant: Kulwinder S. Dua (USA)
Current Status of Systemic Chemotherapy for Esophageal Cancer.
- Is optimal therapy 2 or 3 chemotherapy agents? David H. Ilson (USA)
- What is the role of Irinotecan in fi rst and second line therapy? Michael K. Gibson (USA)
- Is immunotherapy a viable maintenance strategy for metastatic disease? David H. Ilson (USA)
- Are immunotherapy agents ready for large scale randomized trials? Michael K. Gibson (USA)
- The role of BMP4 and growth factors in chemo-resistance of esophageal cancers.
Silvia Calpe (Netherlands)
- Does multi-modality therapy improve survival in cT2 esophageal carcinoma? Erwin Rieder (Austria)
Targeted agents and genomic profi ling in advanced esophageal cancer.
- Personalized and targeted therapy of esophageal squamous cell cancer? Xiao (Luke) Chen (USA)
- Is there a role for genomic profi ling of esophageal and GE junction cancer? Michael K. Gibson (USA)
- How does genomic profi ling correlate with tumor location and histologic subtype?
Iqbal Parker (South Africa)
- What is the status of HER2 targeted drug therapy in gastro-esophageal cancer?
Vikash Sewram (South Africa)
- What is the future of anti angiogenic therapy in esophageal cancer? David H. Ilson (USA)
- Are liquid biopsies the future in esophageal cancer? Daniela Kandioler (Austria)
Palliation of dysphagia: chemotherapy, stenting, or radiotherapy?
- What is the role of chemotherapy in dysphagia palliation? David H. Ilson (USA)
- What is the role of radiotherapy in dysphagia palliation? Michael K. Gibson (USA)
- What is the role of stenting in dysphagia palliation? Kulwinder S. Dua (USA)
OESO Head Office
2, Bd Pershing
75017 – PARIS, France
Tel: + 33 (0)1 55 37 90 15
Fax: + 33 (0)1 55 37 90 40
74 Boulevard d'Italie
Tél: +377 97 97 35 55
Fax: +377 97 97 35 50