< back to the Program at a glance
Tuesday, September 1
2:00 – 4:00 pm
Sensory abnormalities in esophageal diseases
Chairs: Asbjørn M. Drewes (Denmark) – Serhat Bor (Turkey)
Discussant: Christina Brock (Denmark)
- How is the sensory innervation of the esophagus? Christina Brock (Denmark)
- What is the relation between the autonomic nervous systems and esophageal symptoms?
Adam D. Farmer (UK)
- How can esophageal pain be assessed in the experimental settings? Asbjørn M Drewes (Denmark)
- What are the quantitative and qualitative characteristics of esophageal mechanosensation?
Hans Gregersen (Denmark, China)
- Can sensory abnormalities in the esophagus be reflected in HRM? C. Prakash Gyawali (USA)
- How can assessment of sphincter function be used to unravel esophageal symptoms?
Barry P. McMahon (Ireland)
- Does multimodal assessment of pain reflect the symptoms in Barretts esophagus?
Christian Lottrup (Denmark)
- How can imaging methods be used to understand esophageal pain syndromes?
Jens Frøkjær (Denmark)
- What are the sensory characteristics for patients with functional esophageal pain?
Dag Arne Hoff (Norway)
- How can drugs affect sensory symptoms from the esophagus?
Carmelo Scarpignato (Italy)
- Can modulation of the parasympathetic nervous system be used to treat esophageal hypersensitivity?
Anisa Shaker (USA)
- What is the role of dilated intercellular spaces? Serhat Bor (Turkey)
- Is there any difference between distal and proximal esophagus for innervation and sensitivity?
Edoardo Savarino (Italy)
- Bernstein test: why never work? Luis Novais (Spain)
- What is the role of psychiatric medications in esophageal pain? Ram Dickman (Israel)
OESO Head Office
2, Bd Pershing
75017 – PARIS, France
Tel: + 33 (0)1 55 37 90 15
Fax: + 33 (0)1 55 37 90 40
74 Boulevard d'Italie
Tél: +377 97 97 35 55
Fax: +377 97 97 35 50