< back to the Program at a glance
Thursday, September 3
8:00 – 10:00 am
Room: Van Dongen
Follow the swallow
Chairs: Pere Clave (Spain) – Larry S. Miller (USA)
Discussant: Laia Rofes (Spain)
Oropharynx. Oropharyngeal dysphagia.
- Is impedance an adjunct to high resolution manometry to investigate symptoms and help clinical management of oropharyngeal dysphagia and aspiration? Natalie Rommel (Belgium)
- Videofluoroscopic metrics for diagnosis and rehabilitaton of dysphagia. Pere Clave (Spain)
- Is impaired brain function the main pathophysiological element responsible for oropharyngeal dysphagia.
Laia Rofes (Spain)
- Impaired oropharyngeal sensitivity, a target for pharmacological treatment for oropharyngeal dysphagia?
Laia Rofes (Spain)
Summary and Discussion. Orophryngeal dysphagia. 15 Min.
Esophageal body. Esophageal dysphagia.
- Is there any esophageal pressure-flow marker/s for esophageal dysphagia. Taher Omari (Australia)
- What are the causes of esophageal dysphagia in patients with GERD/NERD? Frank Zerbib (France)
- What are the causes of esophageal dysphagia in patients with esophageal motility disorders?
Daniel Sifrim (UK)
- Is there any marker for return of esophageal peristalsis in the esophageal body of patients with achalasia? Do this modify patient’s clinical complains? Cecilio Santander Vaquero (Spain)
- What causes dysphagia and other symptoms in patients treated for achalasia? Is there any validated clinical guideline to manage these patients? Michael F. Vaezi (USA)
Summary and conclusions. The mechanism of esophageal dysphagia caused by EB dysfunction. 15 min
Lower esophageal sphincter.
- What is the role of radiological testing of the lower esophageal sphincter function? Peter Pokieser (Austria)
- Any role for impedance planimetry in the clinical evaluation of patients with dysphagia? Daniel Sifrim (UK)
- What are the most reliable markers to asses flow across the EGJ by using HRM and impedance?
Taher Omari (Australia)
- What are the mechanism causing dysphagia in patients with hiatal hernia? Rami Sweis (UK)
- Is intrabolus pressure the mechanism causing esophageal dysphagia post-funduplication and gastric banding? Shobna Bhatia (India)
Summary and conclusions. The mechanism of esophageal dysphagia caused by LES dysfunction.
OESO Head Office
2, Bd Pershing
75017 – PARIS, France
Tel: + 33 (0)1 55 37 90 15
Fax: + 33 (0)1 55 37 90 40
74 Boulevard d'Italie
Tél: +377 97 97 35 55
Fax: +377 97 97 35 50