< back to the Program at a glance
Thursday, September 3
8:00 – 10:00 am
Young Investigators Special Session
Evolving concepts and techniques in the management of esophageal diseases
Chair: Junichi Akiyama (Japan)
Discussant: Ellen Stein (USA)
Endoscopy and other modalities
- Application of disposable ultrathin endoscopy to the esophagus and gastrointestinal system.
Myong Ki Baeg (Korea)
- Should PET be performed routinely or selectively for initial staging of esophageal cancer?
Farhood Farjah (USA)
Esophageal function testing
- Differences of manometric values among several high resolution manometry systems.
Shiko Kuribayashi (Japan)
- Is the determination of esophagogastric junction vigor by high resolution manometry a useful metric in the management of GERD patients? Salvatore Tolone (Italy)
- Ineffective esophageal peristalsis in patients with and without abnormal esophageal acid exposure. Katerina P. Shetler (USA)
- Provocative esophageal testing in evaluation of symptoms such as dysphagia, spasm and chest pain. What is the best practice to evoke symptoms during routine and prolonged manometry.
Ellen Stein (USA)
- Impedance-pH testing: A Real Added Value For Gastroenterologists and Surgeons?
Edoardo Savarino (Italy)
- Distensibility testing of the gastrointestinal tract – current and future applications.
Christian Lottrup (Denmark)
- The role of proton pump inhibitor therapy during endoscopic ablation therapy for Barrett's esophagus. Junichi Akiyama (Japan)
- The perspective therapeutic approach in treatment of patients with esophageal motility disorders.
Elen Valitova (Russia)
- Results of robot-assisted minimally invasive thoraco-laparoscopic esophagectomy for upper mediastinal esophageal cancer. Sylvia Van der Horst (Netherlands)
- Is the Utrecht Pneumonia score a valid method for registering pneumonia after esophagectomy?
Teus Weijs (Netherlands)
- Is anastomotic leakage after esophagectomy for cancer related to neoadjuvant radiation dose to the gastric fundus? Lucas Goense (Netherlands)
- Key note: Treatment of early esophageal cancer. Jan Martinek (Czech Republic)
OESO Head Office
2, Bd Pershing
75017 – PARIS, France
Tel: + 33 (0)1 55 37 90 15
Fax: + 33 (0)1 55 37 90 40
74 Boulevard d'Italie
Tél: +377 97 97 35 55
Fax: +377 97 97 35 50