< back to the Program at a glance
Thursday, September 3
2:00 – 4:00 pm
Chairs: Valter N. Felix (Brasil) – Michael F. Vaezi (USA)
Discussant: Uday C. Ghoshal (India)
- Achalasia subtypes—what do they mean?
Sudep Gonlachanvit (Thailand)
- What is the likely etiology of achalasia—viral, autoimmune or something else?
Uday C. Ghoshal (India)
- What is the usefulness of achalasia scores?
- Drugs for Achalasia: How and When?
Carmelo Scarpignato (Italy)
- Who should have PD and in whom surgery is the better option?
Roberto Penagini (Italy)
- Pneumatic dilation of cardia. How to enhance best results? Charlotte Scheerens (Belgium)
- Botulinum toxin into LES. What is state of art?
Michael F. Vaezi (USA)
- POEM: update and comparison to myotomy.
Jan Martinek (Czech Republic)
- How to avoid and how to treat esophageal perforations due to POEM?
Jürgen Hochberger (Germany-France)
- Per-oral endoscopic re-myotomy as salvage procedure for recurrent dysphagia after Heller myotomy. Erwin Rieder (Austria)
- Dysphagia post PD/myotomy—is it recurrence or GERD? Eduardo De Moura (Brazil)
- Esophagectomy for end-stage achalasia. Is there a place for it yet? When and how?
Valter N. Felix (Brazil)
- Should I do surveillance for cancer in achalasia? Luigi Bonavina (Italy)
OESO Head Office
2, Bd Pershing
75017 – PARIS, France
Tel: + 33 (0)1 55 37 90 15
Fax: + 33 (0)1 55 37 90 40
74 Boulevard d'Italie
Tél: +377 97 97 35 55
Fax: +377 97 97 35 50