Platform of Excellence in Esophagology
Global perspectives for Education in Esophagology
Advisory Board of the Platform
|President: George Triadafilopoulos
OESO Officer: Robert Giuli
Roger P. Tatum
The Platform of Excellence set up by OESO with Stanford University is now in a position to implement its multidisciplinary program for global perspectives of Education in Esophagology.
The prospects thus offered by this joint initiative to the international community are immense.
In accordance with its Bylaws (Article VII), OESO has decided to set up 6 Representations, each covering a part of the world with a" Regional Officer" at the helm.
The 6 Regional Officers will constitute the Advisory Board of the OESO-Stanford Platform of Excellence, the role of which will be to advise in the implementation of global perspectives of Education in Esophagology and to provide rigor in the organization and operations of the Platform.
In accordance with the laws in force in the countries concerned, the members of the Advisory Board will act as consultants on topics such as:
- Pertinence – Coordination of the programs of the Pilot Centers
- Communication to advertise the courses
- Strategy for development of the Platform
- Evaluation of applications of potential new Pilot Centers
- Determination of guidelines and position papers
- Accreditation of Educational Courses
- Joint studies / Consensus on new technologies
- Financing and applications for funding – Grants
Six world renowned personnalities have accepted to be members of the Advisory Board.
George Triadafilopoulos will be President of this Board.
Robert Giuli, founder of OESO, will act as OESO Officer.